Pork carnitas for a main dish with tortillas, beans and rice or for tacos. Add to your salad. Versatile dish even for breakfast
- 5 lb. Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 TBSP. dried oregano
- 1 TBSP. ground cumin
- 4 Cipollini onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 small glass bottle original coke
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pork shoulder in dutch oven
- Sprinkle with spices, generously season with salt and pepper
- Add lime juice, orange juice and coke
- Add in bay leaves.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours until the meat falls apart.
- Remove from oven and shred.
- Once ready you can crisp in the oven or in a frying pan. Use a little of the broth from the meat and either broil or crisp in the frying pan.
*This recipe was adapted from #cafedelites