I recently collaborated with my sister to cook dinner for our sisters birthday. I was put in charge of the meat and a Greek Salad. Cool, Easy, I got this. I brought a Filet Strip to BBQ and my simple, easy meal prepped Greek Salad. Follow these 3 simple guidelines for a healthy simple salad that can be made ahead of time and tossed right before serving.
- 1 English cucumber, cubed
- 1 Yellow and Red Bell peppers, 2 Orange (can do any combo)
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 jar MEZZETTA Pitted Kalamata Olives, 9.5 oz
- 1 Container cherub tomatoes cut in half
- 1 container Athenos crumbled Mediterrean Herb Feta Cheese (or plain)
- 2 Medium Avocados, quartered
- Realemon 100% Lemon Juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 TBSP. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Extra Light Olive Oil
Cut up all vegetables and layer in a tupperware container, starting with the cucumber first and adding in each vegetable listed in order except for the avocado. Place avocado in separate container and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent from browning.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to us.
About a 1/2 hour before serving; toss all ingredients together in a salad bowl; adding the avocado just before serving. Easy, delicious, nutritious!
Love and Light,
Jeanine on the Scene