Here is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious weekend brunch, a weekday luncheon or quick dinner,just add a green salad. If you have the time make the crust yourself. It is really easy and tastes delicious.
- 1- 9″ puff pastry or other pie crust (I made my own basic pastry with flour, kosher salt, butter and water)
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 lb. fresh dungeness crab (use fresh whenever possible) but can substitute 2 8 oz. cans crab meat)
- 1 6.7 oz. jar Trader Joe’s Marinated Artichokes,
- 3 oz. shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 oz. shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 7 large GRASS FED, NON-GMO FED FREE RANGE BROWN & COLORED CHICKEN EGGS
- 1 1/2 cups creme fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line a greased glass pie pan with the rolled out pastry dough and bake for 10 minutes, making sure to prick in several places so it does not shrink in the pan. (*Blind bake the crust). I usually prepare my crust the night before.
- Remove from oven and let sit.
- Beat together eggs, creme fraiche and salt and pepper.
- Spread crab on bottom of pie crust, then layer 3 oz shredded cheese, green onions and artichokes .
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Sprinkle remaining 3 oz. shredded cheese on egg mixture.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Serves 6 servings.
Love and light,
Jeanine on the Scene